Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 4 GAME plan progress

I am happy to say that I am progressing nicely with my game plan. It is encouraging to know that I am on my way to meeting my goals. I am pleased with my progress and am thrilled about how my students have responded.

At this point, I bought myself a new planner to assist me with time management. This has been a big help! I spend about 20-30 minutes of my planning time each week reading and researching to find ways to incorporate technology into my lessons. Furthermore, I have discussed with my colleagues my intentions of integrating technology into my daily lessons, and now when we collaborate, they are assisting me by sharing ideas that I am able to use.

I am finding many lessons on the internet that I am currently using, so locating resources hasn't been a problem. At this time, I do not think that I need to modify my action plan, because I am content with my progress. I have learned that integrating technology is very rewarding and really helps with classroom management. Students become highly engaged when they are utilizing their devices and it makes the learning process enjoyable for all. A question that I have, is for my colleagues. Can you share with me a way that you incorporated technology into your content area lessons?

So, all in all, things are looking good. I am on my way to meeting my goals and I am excited about my progress.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy,
    I am happy for you that your GAME plan is happening nicely for you! Indeed it is exciting to see how your students are enjoying it because of your effort. It is very encouraging, isn't it :)
    I totally agree with you that getting colleagues on board is a great help. The whole will always be greater than the sum of its parts. More stimulation in ideas and reflections together as a group will be more effective to move all us forward. Even if we experience some teachers who are not willing to integrate technology for whatever reason, we shall reflect on the reason why and no matter what, we'll learn something out of it. I found myself constantly learning from all my colleagues whether or not they integrate technology :)
    How I integrate technology into my classroom is nothing special :) normally it's always powerpoint presentation for my instructional strategy. I have class blog for casual communication or for class committee discussion. For assignment, we have the class forum. For projects or group work, I like to encourage my students to use as many different means as possible, be it VoiceThread, podcast, video, screencast, powerpoint presentation, VFT, etc. Of course I will introduce these technology to them first.
    I like to use different tool everything for my instructional part, so that students get to see me demonstrating it with purpose, instead of just introducing a technology for the sake of introducing, at the end of the day, my lesson should be English lesson, not ICL lesson :)
    I hope I've answered your question to your satisfaction, if not, please feel free to ask :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that technology can help with classroom behavior. Students have a one on one learning interactive learning device in front of them. They no longer think someone is "looking at them". Technology also allows students to individualize learned making the lesson more engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you are doing a great job on your GAME plan! I agree with you that using technology for assignments helps with classroom management and it definitely engages the students and makes learning more enjoyable. I have seen that they also work better together and take the time to learn from each other. My 9th graders just completed a wiki project, and they did a great job. They really enjoyed making the wiki and were proud to show off their skills to others.
    I incorporate technology into my lessons in a variety of ways. I post my assignments on m web site, which I make an effort to show my students daily on the SMART board so they do not forget that it is there and they can look to see what will be going on in class. I also use my SMART board almost daily in my lessons whether it be for notes or showing them something that I have created or found on the internet. The students also enjoy coming up to the board when I request their assistance. Most of the technology that I use in my classroom has been very successful. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Stacy!

    I decided to check on other classmate's progress on GAME plans, and of course I wanted to check yours out! Bravo on making part of your planning time time for you do some research for lessons and technology applications. I need to do the same thing. I wonder if a new planner will help me? What kind did you get? Unfortunately, my 7th grade colleagues will be no help for me, they will say, "Let us know what you find!" :) I can schedule time with my TIS, however, during planning. (I'm glad I'm thinking out loud on your blog.)

    Let me know the kind of cool things you find!

    ReplyDelete