Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 6: Evaluating my GAME plan

I am still on my way to achieving my GAME plan goals. Everyday, I am learning new ways to incorporate technology into my lesson plans. This weeks learning resources provided me with many useful social networking sites, as well as other technologies, and shared examples of how I could use them. I am currently working on a Wiki with my colleagues, and this is a great way for me to collaborate with other professionals to develop the best possible lessons for my students.

I did experience one problem last week when I was trying to complete my PBL lesson. I had difficulty getting the chart to complete the lesson on the wiki. One of my cells on the lesson plan still needs to be complete, and I still can't figure out the formating. So, anyone that reads this post this week, if you can edit my chart, or tell me how to do so, I would greatly appreciate it! I am finding how useful this collaborative learning community can be, and am learning a great deal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy,
    I was having difficulty in figuring out the tables there on our wiki. Don't worry, you are not alone!
    Wiki is a collaboration tool, I think it's less detail as other word processing software can do, so for the tables there, if you use space to separate texts and stuff, it won't work, it might show ok to you but once you save it, it'll go back to its original state. It took me a couple of trial and error, I am not really sure how I did it, but I remember a lot of spacing and redoing and frustration :) Though I found out that since spacing doesn't work on wiki, I just have to create more than one table to put the text in so that the texts will stay at where they are. I hope what I am typing here makes sense :)Give it a try!
    Good luck!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy!

    Don't worry! You are not alone in having difficulties with the wiki. I created two pages accidentally and could not figure out how to delete one of them!! Thankfully, someone in our group deleted it for me! All of these new technologies will take time for us to learn. As I have said before, we have not been immersed in technology all of our lives like our students have been. We have to adjust our thinking and, in some cases, forget about the way were were taught to do things in order to learn these new skills. I am glad to hear that your GAME plan is going well. I love the wiki that we have set up. I think it a great collaboration tool and think that hearing from everyone in our group helps a ton! Everyone of our colleagues has very insightful comments that are really help! I think that learning this collaboration tool has been one of the most important and I definitely want to use it in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete