Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 8 REFLECTION

This course has taught me a great deal about integrating technology into the content areas. As I reflect on the past eight weeks, I know that I have grown professionally, because I have achieving the goals of my GAME plan. I have a new appreciation for technology and finding ways to integrate it into my daily lessons. I realize that my learning community craves the use of technology, and if I am doing my part to meet their needs, and prepare them for the workplace, then it is imperative that I incorporate it into my lesson plans.

Throughout this course I learned the importance of Problem-based learning, social networking and online collaboration, and digital storytelling and how motivating and rewarding these types of learning activities can be. Engaging my students in these types of lessons, allows them to seek answers to their questions from professionals, and other teachers around the globe. These types of experiences are authentic and meaningful and what my students need in order for them to achieve mastery of the content area objectives.

I plan to continue on my quest to achieve my GAME plan goals by collaborating with my colleagues, and continuing to read and research to find unique methodologies for technology integration. Furthermore, I plan to share the new knowledged that I have gained throughout this course with my colleagues at my school, so that they may benefit and be motivated to integrate technology into their lessons too. Finally, I plan to reflect and record my thoughts in a personal learning log as I continue to strive towards achieving my goals.

Thank you Dr. Xu for giving me the guidance that I needed to grow professionally throughout this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment